It wasn't until I started taking more pictures of our every day lives that I realized just how many games we play. Uno and Charades are popular now in addition to this ipad version of an oldie but a goodie:
Monopoly is now Charlie's game of choice on the ipod touch as well. His favorite part? "I like getting paid." Which explains his response when Grandmama asked him what his favorite card was ("advance to go").
Morgan still prefers the pantry. You never know when you'll find a stray M&M.
Wow, she's cute, and she knows it.
Taylor had another tango with a fever last weekend which set her back momentarily.
But she's back, folks. And better than ever. For Taylor is now able to put in her own pony tail. This is a very exciting and proud worthy accomplishment for a Kindergartner.
Which is why I let her have her moment and go proudly off to school looking like this:
Taylor learns all sorts of things in kindergarten. (Like saying "That's noneya. Noneya' business!") She also learned how to use this fortune telling game with folded paper. Remember these? She's giving them with her Valentine's this year and decided to practice with Morgan (and mom, and dad, and charlie...)
I let the kids earn a new toy by doing things around the house like playing a whole game without fighting or crying, sitting in your chair for a full meal, not coming out of your room after bedtime, you know, things they are supposed to do anyway. But the joke was on them, because their 'prizes' were educational. Charlie earned a spider man writing book and this secret decoder kit. You write something with an invisible marker and then use special markers to reveal your message.
Charlie is not a huge fan of writing so I have to trick him into thinking it's fun. Meanwhile, Taylor is always writing notes, making cards, creating checklists and writing lessons for her pretend classroom.
Charlie would much rather be doing this:
No comments:
Post a Comment