I have made a deal with myself to shoot at least something, anything, every day. I want to learn how to take pictures that tell a story. It goes hand in hand with my resolution to savor every sweet moment with my children and freezing some of those moments in time.
Charlie's been especially cheerful the past few days. I've been happy to see Charlie playing with more toys.
Today he played several games with his "invisible friend, Yummy." This is my first experience with an imaginary friend, but he seems like a nice enough guy.
Don't let these pictures fool you. Charlie has not been tamed.
Taylor has been entertaining lately. I mean that literally. Almost nightly she informs us that there will be a show after dinner. Some nights it's a puppet show. Some nights it's a musical performance. The most recent show featured her signature ballet moves.
The boys even got in on the action.
Last Sunday, the big kids each spent the night with their cousin. Taylor spent the night at Grace's house while Charlie had fun at his much anticipated boy sleepover at grandma's house.
This left us with Morgan as our 'only child'. She's been really into playing with our new tops. Mommy spins them for her and she tentatively touches them until they stop revolving.
Then we repeat the process. I've used this opportunity to teach Morgan the sign for 'again'. She looked so cute repeating it enthusiastically until she got the results she wanted- another spin.
When she's not containing spinning tops, Morgan continues to entertain herself with the treasures in our pantry.
She's developed an amusing defense tactic when I tell her that it's time to change her diaper. She lays down wherever she is and hopes I'll go away.
It's so cute it almost works.
No comments:
Post a Comment