Saturday, January 14, 2012

For the past few days, it's looked a bit like this:

Winter has finally arrived. It is cold. But I've always believed that if it's gonna be cold, there might as well be snow. A little eye candy to sooth our frostbitten toes. Luckily the kids have not asked to play in it yet. Obviously there's not much of it and the wind on Friday was brutal.

Taylor stayed home from school on Wednesday and Thursday with a fever and ear infection. She finally made it back for the last day of the week and came home with these two cards:



And to think I was worried that she wouldn't make friends. I must point out that Taylor's short stature was not overlooked by Georgia as evidenced by her drawing. (Dude, she's shorter than the flower!) That cracked me up.

Anyway, it's been good to see Taylor feeling better again.


Our Saturday was pretty lazy. It started out with me trying to perfect this shot.


I just love holding Morgan. She is so cuddly and her little body just forms to my side so perfectly. What's more, I can actually feel her contentment radiating from her. Like everything is right with the world because her mama's got her. The creme de la creme is when she puts her little head down on my shoulder (thumb in her mouth, of course) and nuzzles in. Ahhh... does it get any better? Wait, it does! I forgot about her new little gesture where she gently pats my arm or my back with her hand. Charlie used to do that (still does actually) and it's the sweetest thing.

Well, I figured if I wanted to capture her sweet little moments in my arms, I better make friends with the mirror. It would be a whole lot easier if someone else in my family was interested in taking pictures. Maybe there's hope for that yet:



We had a nice impromptu visit with cousin Jacob today.

Jessica was picking something up on the way to the store and had Jacob in tow. I invited him to stay and play with Charlie while his mommy shopped and he agreed. The boys had fun playing Uno Moo, and then superheros. I love it when they use their imaginations. I worry so much about Charlie because he's basically addicted to electronics.



So it didn't surprise me when the boys flocked to Mark's ipad after discovering him hiding out in our room. (It's like bugs to a light.)


After Jacob left I suggested we try out my new Family Game Night on the wii. Hey, if you can't beat them, join them.




No comments: