Raise your hand if you've had a rough week.
I feel like I was in somewhat of a fog for two weeks while my grandmother was in the hospital and the time leading up to her funeral. I blame that fog on Morgan's accident falling off a chair (that I put her in) which led to this black eye.
Some things that helped lift my spirits and remind me of life's beauty:
Sweet music at the hands of my little ones. Charlie started piano lessons yesterday (taught by yours truly.) Something tells me he's going to learn it very quickly, just like his sister.
Visits with good friends. We drove 75 minutes to see my dear friend while she and her THREE kids were in town in Toledo, visiting her parents.
She had her third baby (first girl!) last December and she's just precious.
Charlie's enthusiasm. Charlie started soccer again this spring and scored all three goals for his team at their first scrimmage.
Sibling love. Last week Charlie told me quite matter-of-factly that he and Taylor meet in the bathroom after I put them to bed, and she reads to him. It's one of those things that I kind of wish I didn't know. I don't want to encourage them staying up late (Taylor has to get up insanely early for school), but it's just too sweet to forbid.
So this weekend, I decided to honor their repeated request to sleep together on the pull-out couch.
I mean, come on. Does it get any better than this?
New dreams. I have made some huge decisions about what direction I want my photography to take me. I'm not ready to share them all, but it's pretty exciting.
And it's going to be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment