Another weekend has come and gone at the Williams house. We had a pretty uneventful, yet satisfying weekend. It did begin with a bit of excitement when we had reports of a huge storm coming on Friday evening. I told the kids that we'd have to eat dinner a little early and then we'd hang out in the basement for a while.
Luckily, the sun came out by the time we finished eating, and we were spared any wind damage. It did get me thinking, though. The weather has been so crazy, so destructive the past few years. I love spring, but I do not like the spring storms that it brings with it. I've decided to have some things stored in the basement to make the decision of should-we-go-downstairs-or-not easier. This year I'm not messing around. If there's any chance of tornados, we'll be camping out in the basement. Something tells me the kids won't mind a bit.
We found ourselves with no plans at all this Saturday so Mark decided to take the big kids swimming.
That was the plan anyway. Unfortunately Charlie's pinky toe got in the way of these plans, or more accurately, got in the way of the locker room door when they were headed to the pool. The poor little guy cut it up pretty badly. They cleaned it up and decided that he wouldn't need stitches so Mark took him and Taylor out for ice cream instead. We've been nursing the injury all weekend.
Taylor didn't let the change in plans stop her from wearing her swimsuit for the rest of the day. She pretended that this basket was a boat complete with paper towel holder oars. I love her imagination and her amazing ability to create new games on a daily basis.
Meanwhile there was a lot of this going on this weekend. Electronics and Napping.
In an effort to spruce up our Saturday, I suggested movie night with popcorn. Everyone was up for it so we decided on Judy Moody and The Not Bummer Summer. I was surprised by how attentively Charlie watched it (even when his popcorn was gone!). Morgan was good, too. She doesn't get to play in the basement much so she was very engrossed with the toys down there.
We found ourselves all on one couch for the end of the movie. My heart was swelling. I love any time we are all five together, but put us all snuggling together on one couch and it's almost too much joy for one mama. I love this family.
After church on Sunday, Grandmama came to visit and the kids couldn't be happier. Taylor decided to style Grandmama's hair, and had fun trying out her new braiding skills.
Then it was my turn. I think she made it her mission to use every ponytail holder and bow she owned.
This week is looking like it will be a fun one. Complete with a visit from Uncle David, three parties and Donuts With Dad at Charlie's preschool. With parties and pastries who can go wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment