Today was the day that I looked forward to all month. I LOVE Christmas and everything leading up to it, but it can get overwhelming and exhausting by its completion. That's why I cherish the day after Christmas when we can sleep in, stay in our PJs and just play together all day. I try to make it a point not to leave the house on the 26th if at all possible. Charlie started the morning off with a bang when he discovered that the batteries for his new remote controlled car were charged.

Daddy showed him how to make a ramp.
Taylor had fun with her new salon doll. I had one of these when I was little.
Morgan played with whatever was not hers.

The umbrellas were a big hit this year. The kids ignored Dad's warning of bad luck and went to town opening and closing them.
For Charlie, it was pretty much a Spider-Man Christmas.
Taylor really got the hang of her bouncy ball and caught some air in the process.

The stocking stuffers were just as popular.
Mom and Dad especially liked playing with the kids' new tops.

Another favorite of mine was Charlie's new Busy Town game.
After rolling the dice through the control tower you load passengers at the Busy Town Airport into your plane. Then comes the fun part: flying them to one of four destinations throughout the room and gathering souvenirs. Taylor played this four times. (the last time she played by herself, pretending to be two people.)
After many hours of playing it was rest time. Even mom got to sneak in a little nap. She was awoken by the family telling her that they voted on a skyline dinner. At first, I protested at the thought of breaking my rule and leaving the house, but then Mark said the magic words. "This way you don't have to clean up after them." I couldn't argue with that. Plus it gave us an opportunity to don our new holiday threads.
Here's hoping everyone reading this had a relaxing day with family, too. There's really nothing better.
No comments:
Post a Comment