Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Today was a great day. My mom had the Wells kids for the weekend (so Chad and Jessica can have some much needed alone time) and we decided to switch it up a bit. So I brought Grace home with me and left Charlie at Grandma's to play with Jacob. This left me with the perfect opportunity to decorate some christmas cookies with the girls.

This year was so much easier than years passed. The girls decided that Grace would icing the cookies (a task only I could do until this year) and Taylor would adorn them with sprinkles and other glittery goodness.

They made a great team!
Gotta love the icing on the nose.


After we finished the cookies the girls played for a while in the loft. I'm not sure exactly what they were doing, but I know it involved crayons, pens, papers, scissors, and strangely, various sizes of tubberware containers.
Finally we went back to Grandma's house for a pizza dinner.
The boys proudly showed me Grandma's new tree topper. Yes, it's a beer stein hat.
The kids stayed segregated after dinner. The boys wrestled with Mark while the girls disappeared upstairs with Grandma.

Addison just watched everyone. I remember Morgan being the same way last Christmas- content to just be surrounded by action. And with five other kids, there's no shortage of that!
I liked the socks Grandma put on her. I guess she was tired of those tiny baby socks falling off of her constantly. These babies aren't going anywhere!
Finally, we enjoyed the fruits of our labor by sampling some of the girls cookies. Even Morgan tried a bite or two from her generous cousins.
They were a big hit!
All in all, a great day! I just hope Jessica and Chad had an equally fun time!

No comments: