Friday, March 31, 2017

Marching into Spring

I know technically February is the shortest month, but this year March was a strong contender.  It seemed I blinked my eyes and it was over.

We started off with the Father Daughter Dance for AHG.  The theme was The Renaissance, but we didn't take that too seriously.  The girls donned some floral wreaths and called it a night.  They did enjoy dressing up though.




The rest of March was largely uneventful.  Just the usual family dinners and games,


Ahg meetings,




and crafts.


The one thing I will remember about this winter (aside from the absence of snow) was the persistent illnesses that haunted my children.  They took turns being sick, and I had someone home from school at least one day every week for 8 weeks!


Poor Charlie had it the worst when he had strep throat.




I learned my lesson in the past when I didn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the kids.  So this year I decorated the kitchen and fed them green food in celebration.


I also gave them each a small gift of candy and a book.


Morgan's dance class celebrated by dancing an Irish Jig.


{{Sister break}}


We also participated in the Pinewood Derby this month.


They each earned a certificate.  Charlie was very amused by his acknowledgment of "Best Use of Color".  He felt they were reaching for something good to say, and it cracked him up.




Grandma turned 64 years old this month.


Missing from the photo is cousin Addison who decided it was her turn to be sick.




I decided to learn the Beatles Song "When I'm Sixty-Four" for my mama and played it for her after dinner.  Morgan also wrote Grandma a song, but opted not to perform it for a crowd.  Luckily, we did have dinner with Grandma prior to this celebration, and Morgan gave her a private performance of "Life is a Roller Coaster".


It was a fun night of entertaining.


Charlie started playing Volleyball this year.  I was really impressed by the skills the boys brought to the table having never played before.


Charlie is a joy to watch.  He celebrates every point with enthusiasm.




Now that that pesky faux winter is officially over, bring on the warm weather and outdoor activities!!



No comments: