Friday, July 31, 2015

July (part 3)

Welcome to part three of my July post.  Our summer has been so jam-packed with fun that I had to split this month's entry into three parts.

When we got back from Florida we still had a lot left on our social calendar.  First was Addison's birthday party!






It was a very fun, relaxing day.  The little ones finished off the party with a magic show.


I was quite impressed with the caliber of their tricks.


Cousin Alison snuck in this selfie with all the kids.


We've still been swimming a lot this summer.  Here's a BFF pic I took between swim lessons.


Taylor was my model for me while I scoped out locations and lighting for a senior shoot.






Big news in the Williams household: Charlie passed the swim test at the Y!!  This means he can go down the waterside!! I was very proud of him.








A surprise event for us this month was Christmas in July. Taylor and Grace (with the help of their aunt Julie) planned the entire night for their parents.  Grandma graciously offered to watch the younger children so we could be kid-free and let our big girls pamper us.


First we enjoyed santa-themed hors d'oeuvres.


Then we were served a delicious dinner and a wonderful dessert.  The kids even gave us presents along with their aunt and uncle.




It was a very nice evening.  I'm always so proud of the way the girls can plan big projects together.  It warms my heart when they harness that energy to show love for others.  I certainly felt loved and appreciated that night.


This might be the only photo of just our husbands.  I wanted to seize the opportunity to photograph the three luckiest men in the world ;)


Jessica and I planned a day trip to Hueston woods with the kids.  First we went to the Nature Center to see some animals and learn about the area's history.




Then the kids played on a nearby playground while we prepared lunch under a tree.




Finally we headed to the park's beach and lake.  The kids had been somewhat spoiled by Florida's beautiful beaches but still managed to have fun.












Mark taught the kids how to roast marshmallows after we've used the grill for dinner.


Mark played in his last softball game of the year.  The kids entertained themselves waiting for the game to start.










Mark's team played very well and won!






They were short a player so Chad stepped up and played.






bed head.


We finally managed to arrange a swim date with the Sniders this summer.












Just a Monday night dinner with our parents.  Sometimes scenes like these just warm my heart and make me feel so grateful for my life and our family.  I just have to grab my camera and capture the moment.


Mark has been teaching Charlie how to play Clash of Clans.


We also squeezed in a family camping trip this month with the moms, kids and grandma.




Grandma taught Taylor how she played hopscotch as a kid.






The girls were obsessed with finding rolly polly bugs.


The boys made their own 'extreme hopscotch' and challenged us to races.


Another moment of gratitude.










We met my aunt Jan and cousin Alison at a nearby water splash pad for some more family time.


It was the day before Jan's birthday so we surprised her with cake and decorations.










Aunt Julie and Uncle Mark joined us for dinner that night.  There are many advantages to camping close to home!






Taylor wanted to learn more about photography so I brought my old DSLR, gave her a few pointers, and set her free.














The rest of the photos are just me trying to use my underwater camera as much as I could before August arrived. (I think I mentioned my personal project to use that camera for the month of July.)






















Well that's it for this month.  I hope all of you are enjoying your summer as well!!!



1 comment:

julie said...

I love it! Especially the three lucky husbands :)