Monday, September 16, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, school has started in the Williams household and with that came the return of routine.  I'm sure all can relate to the feeling of resolution at the start of a new year or school year.  This year I will be organized.  This year things will be different.  Well, so far so good.

We have introduced a new chore chart with the kids.  At the end of the week, they have a meeting with mom and an allowance is given.  The children know that the chores are not an option, but the allowance is.  If they are done with complaints and attitude, no credit is given.  This has been amazingly helpful, and has actually made my life a tiny bit easier.  With it also comes the lesson of saving, donating and spending your own money.




Charlie started fall soccer again.  He has scored 4 goals in the last three games!


Here's his happy dance after his first goal of the season.


We ventured to my aunt's house in Indiana for our annual Oktoberfest.


My cousin was on leave from the Marines just in time to celebrate his 21st birthday.




Six of the nine cousins were present.








Last week my little Morgan started preschool. We had read this book several times over the summer and she was ready and excited for her first day.




I was dealing with my own butterflies while she was beaming with pride.








The only hint of hesitation was when it was time for me to leave.  She kept saying 'let me show you one more thing first.'


But we made it with no tears!  I would have totally cried if it were not for the 15 people I ran into on my way out that wanted to chat.


Thanks to her class website, I got to enjoy a glimpse of her first day.












Meanwhile, I took this self portrait to capture my feeling of being home alone.


(Before I go on, I must disclose that day 2 and 3 of preschool did not go as smoothly.  Both days she told me that her belly was sad and did not want to go to preschool.  She cried the 2nd day and almost the 3rd.  Here's hoping her belly is happier this week.)

I volunteered in Charlie's classroom twice last week.


As you can tell, he really gets into his school work.




Jacob came over to play after school.  This is what happens if you try to take more than one photo of Charlie.





My sweet Taylor started softball this fall.  Her first team sport ever.  I could not go to the first came, but she had her second game last weekend.  They put her in as catcher for the first inning.  How adorable is  that.


She got a base hit in her first game, but struck out in each at bat in this game.  My camera captured an interesting phenomena.  She closes her eyes every time she swings.










She still appeared to have fun, though.


On Saturday, I had a poker night with my friends.  My friend photo bombed this one.  I had no idea until I looked at the photo on back of my camera.  Scared me half to death!


Finally, some lazy Sunday shots.




Well, that's it. Have a happy week!

No comments: