Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

As promised, here is my Valentine's post.  I reread last year's post and must say I did not have quite as much energy this year, but I still tried to make it special for the kids.  We started on Monday with Morgan's Valentine celebration at her Mighty Max class.  I dressed her in hearts and braids for the occasion.


She enjoyed passing out her Valentine's to everyone in the class.


And she certainly enjoyed receiving them.


At the end of class, her teacher gave her two heart cookies.  She was a happy girl.


The day before Valentine's Day, we spent two and a half hours making the big kids' Valentines.  We made molded chocolates for everyone in the class.  This is the third or fourth year in a row making these for Valentine's day.  I started the tradition because I remembered making them with my mom on Valentine's day.  The first year that I made them with Taylor was quite frustrating.  She was much too little to be of any help and I had not yet learned the secrets to making these.  We have certainly come a long way since then.  In fact, this is the first year that I pretty much let the kids to it on their own.




When I said we worked on this for over two hours, I was referring to me and Taylor.  Charlie lasted about twenty minutes before running off to play Mario Kart.  Luckily, he only has five classmates to make Valentines for!




Taylor was a trooper, though, and helped through every step of making valentines for all 25 of her classmates.  She told me to enjoy this year when we only had 30 to make because next year Charlie will have at least 17 kids in his class.


Finally the big day arrived.  I decorated the kitchen the night before so the kids could start off the day with extra cheer.


I attended Charlie's preschool party.


He made crafts, played games (I brought Valentine bingo), ate sweets, and sang/danced to his guitar-playin mama.


After school, I gave the kids some little Valentine goodies.


We finished the day by celebrating at the Wells' house.  We had a great dinner followed by nice fellowship.  Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!

No comments: