Sunday, January 13, 2013

Goodbye 2012

Today I decided to divide my posts in two.  It only seemed fitting since some of my photos occurred in 2012 and the rest in our new year of 2013.  And please, folks, let's agree to call it "twenty thirteen" rather than "two thousand thirteen."  Don't you think it's much simpler that way?  Really, I don't know why people aren't doing that yet.  It's been THIRTEEN years.  I digress...

So picking up from after christmas, here is what the end of twenty twelve (see how easy that was?) looked like for the Williams Family.

We continued to play with all of our new goodies.  This was a new game in which you must guess what the picture on your head is depicting.






Unfortunately, it turned to tears when the kids had a tough time correctly identifying who/what they were.  Mom saved the day when she dismissed the one-minute timer in which they had to guess it in, and instead used the timer on her phone so they could take as long as they needed.


This was a quick game of Kings in the Corner that we played when dropping Taylor off for a sleepover at Grandma's with Aunt Julie.


These next two photos were taken from my mom's camera.  Apparently they had a fashion show.




When I came to pick Taylor up the next morning they had made a sign to welcome my mom home from work.  They were trying it out on me by jumping up and saying 'surprise'.


I mentioned in a previous post that Taylor likes to get Morgan up from her naps.  On this particular day Morgan did not want to get up so Taylor joined her.




Morgan is in heaven with all the new playdoh we now have!


The boys had a turn to have a sleepover with aunt Julie as well.  In fact, I felt like she got to spend special, quality time with each of my children individually this visit.  I believe special memories were made by all.


Somehow, in the blink of an eye, the year was over.  My mom bravely invites all of her grandchildren to her house for a New Year's bash, thus granting the parents a night out as well.


I could tell when I came to drop the kids off that it was going to be a very fun evening for them.






And judging from my mom's pictures, it was!












So what did Mark and I do?  We spent New Year's with a group of friends (mostly OU graduates) whom I love.


And so ends my last post of 2012.  I've tried to write this next sentence for nearly 5 minutes now.  I just don't want to sound cheesy, but I think that is unavoidable.  It's my family and my friends that have filled this year with such happiness, love and memories, and for them, I will always be grateful.

No comments: