She woke up early (and I mean EARLY) without a problem and we were at the bus stop 10 minutes early, as suggested for the first day.
She had a wonderful summer, but was so excited and ready for first grade.
After seeing her off, I drove to my sister's house to see these two on their first day. (They are on the same bus as Taylor).
Then Jessica and I drove to the school for morning assembly. I must say once again I was impressed by the students' behavior for Sr. Anne. As soon as she rang her little bell, they were silent and ready to listen. Pretty impressive amidst the first day excitement.
Then Taylor was off to her classroom.
When she came home, she told me all about her day. She kept that up all week. Last year she was not very forthcoming with information, but has really blessed her momma who misses her with many details of first grade.
Not everyone started back to school this week. Charlie has one more year of preschool and his school does not return until September 10th. Grandmama decided to take him to Kings Island to celebrate his extended summer.
More firsts this week:
She loves sitting on it, but only because she likes playing with toilet paper.
I also got to photograph my adorable niece to commemorate her first birthday. I really love the look of these cake smash sessions and hope to offer it in my photography business.
After using my new pink background for the first time, I decided to try it out on Morgan. Not an easy task. First, I was getting her fake smile.
Then this assortment of expressions and poses.
I finally got a real smile, but of course, it was not in front of my backdrop.
Finally, after 20 minutes of frustrations, I got this shot. Phew!
Charlie continued his fun summer by having a sleepover at Grandma's house. Morgan and I met them the next day for lunch in the park. Afterwards, we fed the ducks.
Saturday started out with a day out with the girls. Two of my dear friends have babies in their bellies (the second child for both of them). We celebrated by getting pedicures and having lunch together.
I came home to find my children in these outfits (Taylor's cheerleading dress is size 18 months!) We got to work making cookies for our outing later in the day.
Again, we made them the fun way.
We then went to the park. We were meeting some special people for a pizza dinner, but spent some time on the play set first.
He loved this part of the play set and I loved photographing it.
Our special dinner companions? Cousin Alison and Aunt Jan. We enjoyed a nice dinner.
They brought some fun goodies and games for the kids, too.
Afterwards, Charlie's feet looked like this.
We stopped at grandma's for a quick bath and then headed home for bedtime. We have one more day of our weekend and then we'll embark on Taylor's first full week of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment