My mom had a garage sale last weekend and we took the opportunity to get rid of lots of things from the Williams house. It's such a liberating feeling to shed yourself of unnecessary stuff. One thing to go- a less than comfortable air mattress. Although the kids had a great time bouncing on it the night before the sale.
Morgan loved playing with all the toys. Good thing she didn't know they were all on their way out. Don't feel too sorry for her, there's plenty more still at home.
And baby girl just had a birthday!! Yes, her birthday was the day of the sale. And my sister's family was on vacation. And my godson was having a birthday party. These all added up to a delayed party we will be throwing later in the month. For now, Morgan settled for a sprinkled donut for her birthday breakfast.
Here's our good friends, the Glendons, celebrating Jackson's birthday which is just 2 days after Morgan's.
The kids are really starting to play together nicely. They've gravitated to the playmate that is the same gender as them rather than the same age. It works out fabulously.
We've been enjoying our sunflowers this year. I've never planted them before, and as Taylor pointed out, I still haven't. After all, this was all the kid's doing.
On Sunday, we enjoyed an evening swim and take out at my dear friend, Michelle's house. Charlie was out-numbered as usual.
Michelle's little girl is just a few months younger than Morgan. How cute is this??
(Just some sleeping shots before I had to wake her up on the day we had swim lessons.)
A big highlight of our week has been watching the Olympics. Taylor especially enjoys cheering on the Americans. I also taught myself a nice little lesson. We basically missed the whole first week of the games, and at first, I just fast-forwarded to regret of not appreciating such a monumental and infrequent event. But then I realized, hey, they're not over yet! And we've seized the day, stayed up late, and appreciated the remaining games. I realized that I do this often. Sometimes it is easier to just get comfortable with the feeling of regret than it is to take action and do something about your current situation. Well, no more. If it's not too late, don't give up. If it is too late, do something to make sure it won't happen again.
Finally, we headed out to Skyline last night for some cheese coneys and three-ways. (Followed by some sand volley ball, of course.)
Today marked two more weeks of summer. Luckily, Taylor is excited about first grade. Still, I'm going to make the most out of our remaining summer days. After all, it ain't over 'til the school bell rings!
No comments:
Post a Comment