Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Search For Balance

My husband has been getting on my case about not updating my blog since Monday.  He asked if our blog will suffer as a result of my new pursuit of photography.  Well, the answer is no.  At least I hope not.  Admittedly, I have been struggling to strike a nice balance between my obsession passion for photography (as well as my overwhelming excitement at the thought of starting and nurturing my own business) with the needs of my family.  The other day, I was on my computer doing who knows what (editing pictures, reading a photography blog, researching poses) when Taylor said "I wish I could break your computer."  Ouch.  I immediately shut the laptop and headed outside to play.  Nothing like a six year old to shame you into remembering what's important.

Since we've been back from the lake house I've adopted "Uncle Mike's" philosophy on dishes.  Basically you could sum it up as follows "it'll keep."  Meaning why be in such a rush to jump up from the table and clean the kitchen when we've just enjoyed family time and could extend it further if we just allowed ourselves to.  So I clear the table (with the help of the kids), throw a few dishes in the dish washer and save the rest for later.  I am learning not to cringe at the sight of these dirty dishes and view them as simply not that important.


Certainly not as important as this.



It just doesn't get any better.



I have had the opportunity to practice real photo shoots lately.  Here's a few samples of what I'm creating.










No comments: