Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April (part ONE)

Don't you just love the interesting title I gave this post?  I have a LOT of photos to share from this month so I thought I'd break it up into three parts.  Part one (also known as Pre-Europian Vacation), part two (the wonder that is Austria), and part three (post-europian bliss).  So let's get started, shall we?


Early in the month, Mark and I got up early to witness the lunar eclipse.  Due to our position on Earth, we could only see the first half before the moon set and the sun rose.  Here's what it looked like for those of us east of the Mississippi.



We have been working hard to raise money for a single mother I know who is raising a boy with special needs and is in desperate need for a car.  The children's school has a very generous and giving spirit, and agreed to let us hold a bake sale to raise money.  The kids were so excited to help with it.





Another season of softball and baseball has begun which translates to lots and lots of time outdoors.  Here's Charlie and Morgan entertaining themselves during Taylor's practice.






Mark and I went to an Easter egg hunt the day before easter and invited the Wells family to join us.






Then we celebrated with skyline.


(and an impromptu photo shoot as I was location scouting on the way home)


I did not forget the obligatory egg dying activity that accompanies Easter every year.  Luckily, they love eating hard boiled eggs which justifies making a lot of them!


I was a little late this year and we ended up dying them the day before Easter.  I did not want stained hands on Easter, so we improvised with these gloves and rubber bands.






I skipped the obligatory bunny ear headbands this year so the kids did some improvising of their own.



The next morning the kids woke me up at 8:02AM excited to find their baskets. (I had told them they could come in at 8)






Then we took a quick family photo and headed to church.


After church we went to the Wells house.  The girls had planned an Easter play for our enjoyment.


See the empty tomb behind Jacob?  And that brown pillow in front of Charlie is the rolled away stone.


No Easter is complete without an outdoor egg hunt.












Then we headed to grandpa's house for some more food, and card playing.

The kids had different spring breaks so the big kids were able to come to Morgan's school and surprise her as the mystery readers.


Taylor had some friend's over during spring break to help make a sign for the Buddy Bench.  This is a bench that the girls are requesting for recess.  The idea is for children to come to the bench when they don't have anyone to play with.  As the sign reads buddy bench is 'where everybody finds a friend".  I thought it was a very sweet idea.




Mark and I had the pleasure of seeing Willie Tea Taylor perform this month.  He is a captivating performer and a terrific story teller.  I'd recommend him to anyone who likes a good show.


Taylor's AHG troop had a chocolate party for those girls who sold a certain number of flowers during their fund raiser.


Jessica and my mom did a great job planning it!


Here's another impromptu shoot on the way home from dance class.


Morgan's preschool class had a field trip at the local pizza shop and made their own pizzas!








As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Europe this month.  Before I left, I really wanted to squeeze in some one on one time with Charlie.  The evenings were booked so I picked him up from school early for a little date.










Stay tuned from part two of my april series soon!!

No comments: