We finished April as we do every year- celebrating our anniversary with the kids. I really enjoy our tradition of including the children in the celebration our marriage. This year marked 9 years!
This photo does not really represent our May accurately, but hey, it was the first one I took. They were all watching a show on the mini iPad.
The kids had a walk-a-thon at school. Thanks to everyone who contributed to their fundraising.
I traveled to Columbus for a girls' night with some college friends.
We've been enjoying playing outside a lot this month.
I've also continued my love affair with my macro lens.
Morgan had a Mother's Tea at preschool.
We celebrated two birthdays in May.
Mark had to share his birthday with Taylor's First Communion day.
It worked out though. We had a nice gathering afterwards, and the weather was wonderful.
I gave Taylor this necklace with the date and her name engraved in it.
This year's Mother's Day was quite nice. It is very nice having an 8 year old on Mother's Day. She organized the troops and got these banners up first thing that morning.
She even made me breakfast and brought it to me in bed. The first time I've enjoyed that in 9 years.
Morgan found her sister's make-up.
Charlie found a new hobby.
And I found myself knee-deep in photos this spring. I took First Communion photos, Kindergarten Graduation photos and Soccer photos all within two weeks.
After that I needed a break with my macro lens.
We made it to Grandma's house a few times this month.
A friend of mine turned 40 so we surprised her with a limo and took her to a karaoke bar.
One Sunday on the way home from church Taylor asked "Do you want to play Mass when we get home?" To which Charlie replied "Why would we want to do that? We just went to Mass." Somehow she convinced him.
Within minutes she had an alter, a pulpit, readings and bread and water for Communion. This warms my heart, because I can remember doing the exact same thing as a kid.
One morning Morgan and I were supposed to go to the store but we got in a fight because I didn't want to leave the 15 ponytails that she had put in my hair. She stormed off and fell asleep on the couch.
Usually our times together are much more enjoyable. She has been my little cheering buddy at the kids' baseball and softball games.
(He was safe!)
Morgan took this photo of me on my iphone.
The kids had an art show at school. I was so very impressed with the variety of art that the children get to experience at school. It is one of the many reasons why I'm glad they go to a private school. Unfortunately, music, art and gym have been cut dramatically in the public schools in our district.
Charlie's line sculpture.
Taylor's chalk drawing.
Morgan will be glad when they are finished with school. She waits for them to come home everyday with great anticipation.
They had an award ceremony at school. Charlie received an academic achievement award.
Taylor received academic achievement, scripture quote and word-a-day awards.
Morgan had her last day of preschool this month.
I marvel at what a long way she's come this year. For a long time, she went to school with much trepidation. She did not speak a word and cried many mornings when I dropped her off. Then, in the spring, she finally started to feel comfortable and even look forward to school. I am so grateful to her two wonderful teachers who showed her so much patience and love.
When we got home that day we had a celebration. The teachers sent home a CD of songs they sang from the school year and we had a dance party. Who has one thumb and is ready for summer? This gal!
We also looked through a binder of all her work from the school year.
Then her big sister came home.
And we did it all again.
For Memorial Day the American Heritage Girls put flags on graves of veterans.
Morgan and I surprised the kids with lunch one day.
She was happy to see a friend from preschool there.
We even went to recess and saw the kids in their glory.
Grandma came to one of Taylor's softball games.
Morgan took some photos with her camera. I've been meaning to upload these. That camera actually does pretty well outside.
Taylor is now officially a two-wheeler. We even let her take it on a family walk.
The American Heritage Girls and Cub Scouts had a family camp out. It was so fun. I helped the girls earn their photography badge.
Mark opted to stay home and comfortable. I do understand the appeal to skip sleeping outside on the ground with three small children, however, then you miss moments like these.
Safe again!
I chaperoned a field trip to the Newport Aquarium. This was my group.
Now that everyone has received their First Communion at their home church, the school had a Mass with the entire second grade to celebrate.
I have often wondered what I will take photos of when my children are grown. In the back of my mind I thought I'd probably try to pursue some food photography. Well, that interest materialized a lot sooner than I expected. It was a natural evolution with my macro lens. I'm hoping it will inspire me to cook more and try new recipes.
Of course, I don't need any more motivation to bake more.
Taylor was the color guard caller at the AHG end of the year ceremony.
She received several more badges for her vest.
Finally, I leave you with a few more outdoor photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment