I was trying to take a photo of Taylor for my 365 project and the other two kept jumping in. So I guess the secret of getting a photo of the three of them is trying not to.
I love this one. Mark and Morgan were having a showdown. He was trying to make her eat her banana.
She was trying to use her adorable expressions to get off the hook.
My annual Christmas lunch with the girls.
Charlie was not fond of Morgan's shirt. It says "my brother is the naughty one".
Waiting in the drop off line at preschool.
Taylor had a friend over from school, and they requested a photo shoot.
I already shared one of these in my last post, but here's some more of our Santa photos.
Just some photos trying to find good light in my house.
Charlie had a play date, too.
Grace turned eight this month. She had a rock star party, and I was the designated photographer.
I did a few Holiday Mini Sessions this month. Here's a favorite of my two godchildren.
Here's Morgan chugging along with her old play dough. Thank goodness Uncle David and Santa gave her some new ones!
I finally made it to Taylor's school to have lunch with her.
I went to the playground, too, but I didn't last very long in the cold.
I also went to Charlie's school party.
You are going to see a lot of photos like this one. We played a LOT of games over the break. Also, I counted FOURTEEN new games we received for Christmas. We are a happy family.
This is Taylor before her Christmas show. I was in the parent's choir so I had to get there early. Good thing because it was PACKED. I will try to post a video later today of her singing.
We've started a new tradition of making a gingerbread house with Uncle David. I was amazed at how much their skills had improved in just one year.
Everyone experienced some sort of illness this month. I kept saying it would be a Christmas miracle if no one was sick on Christmas. I'm happy to report that we experienced said miracle!
Daddy and Taylor got the complete set of Harry Potter books from Grandmama.
The kids also got some fun suitcases and a promise for a trip in their future.
I was so thrilled with the amount of educational games the kids received. Like these magnaformers.
A new family favorite is a card game called Fluxx.
And Backgammon!
We spent the Saturday before Christmas with Mark's family.
Playing more games, of course.
Then we spent the Sunday before Christmas at my mom's house with more family.
A big surprise this year was my big sister, Julie's, impromptu visit just in time for the holidays!!
The Four J's.
On Christmas Eve morning, Aunt Jessica, her family, Aunt Julie and Grandma came over for a holiday breakfast.
Followed by some gift giving.
We had Christmas Eve dinner at Grandpa's and played, you guessed it, more games!
We came home in time to sprinkle some reindeer food.
And leave cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer.
Finally, the big moment arrived. Christmas morning! Taylor awoke at 6:50 and waited patiently until we finally woke her younger siblings up at 8:20.
Charlie used some of his own money to buy his sisters some presents. He got Morgan this Minnie.
We always take our time opening gifts on Christmas morning. Each received three presents from Santa (just like Jesus received three gifts), two from mom and dad, one from their sibling, and one for all of them. After all that, Morgan was beat!
Here's the aftermath.
Last year we started going to church on Christmas day instead of Christmas eve. It is a lot less crowded. Afterwards, I managed to get two family photos of us in our Christmas clothing (minus Charlie's shoes).
The kids then played with some toys before leaving for Aunt Jessica's house where Grandma and Grandpa were waiting to celebrate with us.
Next, everyone snuck in a little nap on the way to Indiana for our annual Damon Family Christmas.
It might not look like it, but this was a small group this year. There were about 11 people missing who are usually there. Still, we had a great time celebrating with family and friends.
Then came my favorite day of the year. December 26th. The day we do not leave the house. We do not get dressed out of our PJs. I do not clean. All we do is stay in and play with all of the new toys we've received.
I did break some of my rules (leaving the house and getting dressed) so we could take advantage of the first snowfall. Taylor said "Seriously?? It snows the day after christmas?"
Yesterday, I finally got around to taking Charlie's five year old photo with his white bear. I've taken photos of him with this bear since he was 5 days old. I was a little late taking this one because I had to buy stuffing to fluff him up a bit first. Five years in a little boy's room really did a number on him.
Well, there you have it! Our christmas! I hope everyone reading this had as great a time as we did. I also hope you are able to enjoy the remaining days of 2012 with family and gratitude for all God has blessed you with. Here's to a happy, healthy and memorable 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment