Thursday, November 15, 2012

Snippets from our last two weeks


I'm going to try to be quick today.  So here it goes.

The kids are getting ready for the holidays!  I've let them peruse toy catalogs.  If something is very expensive, Charlie just says "we'll save that one for Santa".


Little Morgan was very preoccupied with her Halloween candy for a few days.  Once I moved it out of sight, the obsession subsided, thankfully.


I just had to include this photo because I notice she sits like this a lot, with her little feet crossed.


I took the big kids to Entertrainment Junction and we had a great time as usual.  Charlie even made friends with some other little boys in the play area.


We always have a lot of fun in the play house there.


Taylor had to stay home with another fever the week after Halloween and spent the time bonding with her little sister.  The two are quite adorable together these days.


She was feeling better in no time.  Here's a photo of her dancing in her room after school.  Charlie couldn't help but to join in.


We participated in a very fun, meaningful, charitable donation.  It was for Operation Christmas Child.


The kids spent their own money ($20 each) on items that would fit in a shoebox.  Taylor bought for a girl aged 5-9 and Charlie did for a boy.


They then decorated their boxes, filled them, included a letter about themselves and dropped them off at Charlie's school, where they had a goal of collecting 700 boxes.




The kids will get to follow their boxes online and see which country they get delivered to.  They were so excited to be delivering Christmas cheer to children who were in need.  I was so proud of them.


On Wednesday of last week I had the rare opportunity to take Charlie out to lunch, just the two of us.


He may be the one that I have the most one-on-one time with only because he comes and cuddles with me almost every morning after Taylor's already left for school.  He was the one that actually suggested I take this photo. (a very rare request from Charlie)


Of course, Morgan and I get lots of time together, too.  My favorite is Morgan Mondays when I take her to her Mommy and Me class.  She calls it school and has started requesting it.


I'm not the only one who gets cuddle time, though. The kids love jumping on Daddy until he finally emerges from bed on the weekends.


Here's a cute progression of photos.  It's Charlie playing a computer game and Morgan playing with Charlie.








Taylor spent two nights at her grandmama's house last weekend.  The two went christmas shopping and came home with a few early presents.  This musical microphone was very popular with the girls. Morgan especially likes the feature that makes her voice sound like an elf.


She found a pair of Taylor's underwear the other day with Elmo on it and got very excited.





Here's a few more photos from that night.  Taylor reading to daddy before bed and Charlie being silly.





Charlie likes playing with his new Woody and Buzz.  Notice the ring of coins around Woody.  He loves playing with coins, too.


On Tuesday, Aunt Jessica invited the big kids over for dinner.  But before they left, I asked them to pose for my camera.  These were the poses they came up with.





I then got to have a dinner date with this little cutie.  (She was telling me not to take her picture.)


She perked up when I asked her if she wanted ketchup.


Finally, a shot from yesterday when I came to get Morgan up from her nap.  Lately, I've been letting Taylor get her up.  She loves doing it, but I realized that I miss that enthusiastic little greeting she gives when you coming to retrieve her from the pack-n-play.  Maybe we'll have to start taking turns...


Well, that's it.  Not too exciting.  I have not taken a photo of our gratitude garland that the kids and I have made, but I will do that in my Thanksgiving post.  Until then, have a great week everyone!!

No comments: