Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Trip to Athens

This weekend I had an opportunity to go to a music therapy training in Athens. We decided to bring the whole family and make a little trip out of it.
We drove there on Thursday night and met Mark's aunt, uncle and cousin for dinner in Athens.
Then we swam in the hotel's pool.
Sometimes I think that their favorite part about traveling is staying in the hotel.
On Friday, I was able to take some pictures of my old campus during my lunch break.

While I was at my class, Mark took the kids to Stroud's Run Lake.
Then we ate dinner uptown.
We stayed in Logan the second night. I took some pictures at Logan Lake at sunset.
On Saturday morning, we went to Hocking Hills State Park and followed a trail to Ash Cave.
The whole family enjoyed exploring the huge cave.
Taylor and Charlie built a sand castle.
Charlie is not used to being on Mark's shoulders and gets nervous when Mark tries to make him lean back.
Then we met Mark's cousin, Amy, back in Athens for the International Street Fair.

It was a nice little trip away from home, and I loved being back at my alma mater.

No comments: