For the past two weeks Taylor has been taking swim lessons. It's been a journey. This picture was taken before her first lesson. I had no idea that we were about to experience the depth of Taylor's fear. She wouldn't even go in the water for the first two days. I was a bit concerned...
This is the first time she finally got in. She clung to her teacher with a death grip!
The same day, her teacher got her to work her way up to putting her legs out, but she still held on for dear life.
The next day she loosened her grip a little with each turn.
I was so proud of her when I saw her do this on the 4th day!
By the end of the first week, she was using the kick board and floating on her back.
It was also a big deal when she finally agreed to stand in the water on her own instead of sitting on the side between each turn.
Charlie enjoyed playing in the baby pool during some of her lessons.
The last day was fun day. She even tried jumping in the water.
She also played Ring-Around-The-Rosey.
We still have a lot to learn, but overall it was a huge step in the right direction!!
No comments:
Post a Comment